Spring 2021 Updage | Covid Weddings and Engagement Photography
This is the moment that our all our wonderful clients have been waiting for. We are thrilled that everyone can finally be reunited once again and have the wedding ceremony they have been dreaming of all their lives!
Key Dates For Easing of Restrictions in England
Below is a summary of key dates from the UK Government’s Roadmap, and what this could mean for organising weddings.
- Outdoor Modelling Shoots and Training (one-to-one) – can go ahead from 8th March 2021.
- Outdoor shoots larger than one-to-one, such as Engagment Sessions and Group Training – can go ahead from no earlier than 29th March 2021.
- Studios, MUAs and hairstylists are open from no earlier than April 2021.
- Indoor shoots, outdoor group shoots, and large events from no earlier than 17th May 2021.
- The easing of virtually all covid secure restrictions from no earlier than 21st June 2021
Check Your Local Restrictions In Case They Differ, and Stay Safe!
Different regions may have different restrictions, so always check what applies in your local area. The dates referred to as “no earlier than” in the roadmap are not set in stone and are subject to change. Make sure you are aware of what you can do, and how to do it safely. Social distancing and other safe behaviours should be followed when applicable.
Seize This Opportunity and Get Organised
Make sure your wedding is going to be as amazing as it can be, dust off your weddin planner, and start talking to your suppliers. It’s time to take your foot off the brake, step on the gas and start moving towards success!
Here’s a few things to bear in mind moving forward…
- Unfortunately the wedding industry has been hit harder than most, so check in with all your suppliers and touch base as many have gone out of business in the difficult times.
- With dates becoming more clear many couples are reconfirming dates with their venues and suppliers, and so should you!
- Vendor meetings may still need to be on internet-video-call due top workload as much as restrictions, and most suppliers will have a huge backlog of clients waiting to meet them – so get in touch ASAP if you have meetings with suppliers!
- Don’t forget to tell your guests when and how your big day is planned! They may assume if they haven’t heard much from you that your day is unfortunately cancelled (as so many things are these days). Reassure them with a quick update as soon as you can!
Save The Date!
With the latest news we’ve had quite a few couples make one last change to their wedding date in light of the new information. The new tactic employed by our ever helpful wedding venue industry is to only suggest one date for clients to check with their suppliers, and make it seem like that change has already happened in a ‘take it or leave it’ fashion. Don’t fall for this!!
Remember if you are forced to change your date and the venue won’t give you multiple dates to check with all the other vendors you have booked and invited to your special day, then confirm that that day is not set in stone with the venue. We’ve had a few clients contact us recently stating that they have been given a new date by their venue which they want to change to, but we are simply not available for that one date. This has caused much stress and wasted time for the couples as they rush back to the venue to try and change the date again to a date we (and other suppliers) are available on.
Of course it is simply not practical for all venues to give out their entire calendar dates and hold those dates indefinitely each time a client movies their weddings, but during the pandemic they were giving out 3-4 dates and giving clients a few days time to organise with the suppliers they desparately wanted. If it worked brilliantly during the chaos of the pandemic, it will work great now! If your venue isn’t giving you multiple options to reschedule to, demand them!
Visit Our News Page For More Information And To Keep Up To Date!
For further details from the UK Government’s ROADMAP as it becomes clear, and more information about weddings in general as well as related to Covid restrictions in the UK, click and bookmark the link below to stay up to date!
[CLICK HERE to see what’s going on and to keep up to date on the latest info about covid weddings in England]
London Wedding Photographer Mykey Day
Your Family memories will never be as important to anyone else as they are to you, but trust us when we say – your moments will be crucially important to us as well! Please browse our website for examples of our work, and we look forward to making your family photographs special too.